Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Follow up on Getting Started

So, now that you have the basic run down, here's some additional info.  I work in a normal office job, and for the most part like what I do and who I work with.  But I have had a very rough childhood and am an adult survivor of childhood sexual assault by a parent.  For me this is even more horrifying since it was my mother and resources for daughters assaulted by their mothers hasn't always been something that was easily accessible.

My therapist has recommended I work through a book called the Courage to heal and it deals specifically with women who were sexually assaulted as children.  It has been painful but eye opening at the same time.  If anyone else is not sure if they want to reach out to a therapist or support group just yet this book is a good start.  It also has lots of resources listed if you choose to follow up on further therapy.

I'm not sure how much I will share as this blog goes along.  I want to be honest with myself and my readers, the goal here is to heal myself, share my stress, hopefully produce some art that will make me feel better, and if I get really lucky, help someone else along the way.

If anyone wants to talk just let me know, together we survivors can get through this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment